Phone: (203) 513-9289
Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/users/190188/sergei-golos
McKesson2011 - PresentSr. Software Engineer
As a software engineer on a service delivery team, my responsibilities included implementation of special application requirements, packaging custom configuration, and general oversight of tech-related issues for each of our clients. As the senior engineer on the team, I was also responsible for setting the strategy for some of the less trivial problems facing the team.
- Developed a deployment strategy for customer-centric product overrides. Abstracted the complexity of WIX installer MSI behind a business problem-oriented Domain Specific Language (DSL). Automated the build process, leading to reduced build times and decreased user packaging errors.
- Worked and oversaw design on several in-house web-based software tools. In the process, reduced duplication efforts between tools by extracting core shared elements into a supporting McKesson-branded UX framework.
- Oversaw developer growth effort with regular "brown bag" sessions and knowledge transfer on different topics of interest.
Korchek Technologies2007 - 2011Software Engineer
Worked on a small development team as a .NET C# developer, but like most members of a small teams, wore many hats in the process. Under the guidance of the Sr. Engineer, gained a finer appreciation for elegant and simple solution design.
- Worked on development of new products, including CareChek 2 & 3 and Korchek Report System.
- Pioneering new web based product, Web Unit Archive, which leveraged client side data binding frameworks to provide a thick client user experience in a web browser.
- Involved in data conversion and automation scripts. Creating conversion mappers for legacy binary data in efforts archive customer deprecated applications.
Cosential2006 - 2007Software Engineer
- Learned and worked with ColdFusion to maintain and extend the Cosential CMS application
- Creating PHP data sync connections for clients database systems in order to migrate them to our service
Abbott Jewelry Systems2004 - 2006Jr. Software Engineer
Starting work while still taking classes at college, I was lucky to have played chess with the CTO at a local coffee shop. After winning against Joe, he invited me for an interview at his company and took a risk on me after looking at some PHP scripts of questionable quality. In the time I worked under Joe, his decades of experience and wisdom were a strong influence on my development as an engineer.
- Introduction into .NET programing with ASP.NET Web Forms and VB.NET desktop applications
- Worked with the Compact Framework version of .NET to build out and deliver inventory tracking software for Windows Mobile 5
- Created inventory syncing storefront websites for clients of AJSLLC Edge users
Web Development Advanced
- HTML / CSS / Bootstrap
- Frontend MVC and MVVM
- Angular & AngularJS
.NET Framework Proficient
- C# / VB.NET / F# (beginner)
- ASP.NET / NancyFX
- .NET Core
- Jasmine (JS) / Protractor
- XUnit (.NET)
- Fitness & SpecFlow
Build Tools Proficient
- Windows Installer XML (WIX)
- TeamCIty Server
- NANT / PowerShell
English Native speaker
Russian Native speaker