Phone: (203) 513-9289
Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/users/190188/sergei-golos
Change Healthcare2017 - PresentSr. Software Engineer (Product Team)
As a software engineer on the product development team, my responsibilities include development of new workflows and features, bug fixes, and guiding the product team towards cleaner and simpler product delivery.
- Validated system integration modules against new versions of peripheral software products. In the process developed additional adapters to bridge version incompatibilities.
- Resolved long standing services issues with updates for service packs, finally allowing a single service pack to upgrade any old version of our product.
- Proposed and implemented improvements to the development, building and deployment of hotfix packages, streamlining the process from a complicated four-part configuration process into a single "source of truth" layout file.
- Worked as an intermediary between the production team and my old services team to create smoother product handoff with fewer breaking changes for process developed by services team.
McKesson / Change Healthcare2011 - 2017Sr. Software Engineer (Services Team)
As a software engineer on a service delivery team, my responsibilities included implementation of special application requirements, packaging custom configuration, and general oversight of tech-related issues for each of our clients. As the senior engineer on the team, I was also responsible for setting the strategy for the team to solve less trivial problems.
- Developed a deployment strategy for customer-centric product overrides. Abstracted the complexity of WIX installer MSI behind a business problem-oriented Domain Specific Language (DSL). Automated the build process, leading to reduced build times and decreased user packaging errors.
- Oversaw design on several in-house, web-based software tools. In the process, reduced duplication efforts between tools by extracting core shared elements into a supporting McKesson-branded UX framework.
- Took charge of developer growth effort with regular "brown bag" sessions and knowledge transfer on different topics of interest.
Korchek Technologies2007 - 2011Software Engineer
Worked on a small development team as a .NET C# developer. Under the guidance of an excellent the Sr. Engineer, gained a finer appreciation for simple solution design and elegant code.
- Worked on development of new products, including CareChek 2 & 3 and Korchek Report System.
- Pioneered a new web based product, Web Unit Archive, which leveraged client side data binding frameworks to provide a thick client user experience in a web browser.
- Worked on data conversion and automation scripts. Created conversion mappers for legacy binary data in efforts to archive customer deprecated applications.
Cosential2006 - 2007Software Engineer
- Learned and worked with ColdFusion to maintain and extend the Cosential CMS application.
- Created PHP data sync connections for client's database systems in order to migrate them to our service.
Abbott Jewelry Systems2004 - 2006Jr. Software Engineer
While still taking classes at college, I was lucky to play chess with the CTO of Abbott Jewelry Systems at a local coffee shop. When I won the match, he invited me for an interview at his company. My early PHP scripts were of questionable quality, but the time I spent working under this CTO led to considerable growth.
- Was introduced to .NET programing with ASP.NET Web Forms and VB.NET desktop applications.
- Worked with the Compact Framework version of .NET to build out and deliver inventory tracking software for Windows Mobile 5.
- Created inventory syncing storefront websites for clients of AJSLLC Edge users.
Web Development Advanced
- HTML / CSS / Bootstrap
- Frontend MVC and MVVM
- Angular & AngularJS
.NET Framework Proficient
- C# / VB.NET / F# (beginner)
- ASP.NET / NancyFX
- .NET Core
- Jasmine (JS) / Protractor
- XUnit (.NET)
- Fitness & SpecFlow
Build Tools Proficient
- Windows Installer XML (WIX)
- TeamCIty Server
- NANT / PowerShell
English Native speaker
Russian Native speaker